Quantcast

Forward controls

Eagle8XC
Hey guys-
I'm 6'2" and tired of being cramped and want to keep this bike. I'm looking for forward controls.

Does anyone have a pair? How do you like them? I have seen sets online for $700 or so but I am not looking to pay that much. Any luck?

What about CNC shops- anyone ever had things custom CNC'ed?

Re: Forward controls

old semperfi
yessssssssss,try e bay search 750 ss parts.there is a guy selling them for less than 200.00.from what i hear they are great and simple to install.a would not spend the extra $ for polished but thats your call.if you cant find them let me know and i will send you the e mail address.....................semperfi

Re: Forward controls

mischievous30
Hello Eagle where are you at? Im in Ms. I just bought an 02 shadow spirit 750 and someone had already put forward controls on it..Im only 5'3" and I cant reach....Im looking to tade them off for some orginal parts plus a lil cash. 01-07 cetp 04 will fit.

Re: Forward controls

Eagle8XC
I live in VT, actually. Unfortunately, the forward controls I just bought from the ebay guy semper fi told about (see below...his ebay name is skootmod) are really only relocation units. I would be happy to sell/trade my stock gear and brake rods if you can use them.
I need to hold on to the actual stock pegs-assembly, though.
What kind of forward controls do you have?
Have you tried a lower seat or shaving the padding down?

Re: Forward controls

Eagle8XC
Alright- just installed and test-road the forward controls/relocation kit from skootmods at eBay.

Bolt on installation was easy- took about 15 minutes. Removing exhaust, adjusting rear brake rod, adjusting shift rod and such took a bit closer to 2 hours. The shift rod extension is simply another shift rod that attaches to the stock shift rod via one singe link. This essentially turns 1 moving piece into 3 moving pieces until the link is tweaked just right.

A bit of a pain in the @$$ to setup but it is absolutely worth it for $140.

I'm 6'2" and got the 6" kit: fits perfectly.

Re: Forward controls

solarblaster
how about a pic

Re: Forward controls

Eagle8XC
Here's the relocation kit (in flat black) with the brake lever and peg:

And here's what your Spirit could look like!

Re: Forward controls

solarblaster
pretty nice stuff. I am about 5'11" and looking for some a place to prop my feet when on the road. I presently have floorboards and able to hook my heels between the floorboards and th brake and shifter - ok for now but, searching for a cure. I bought some Stebel Magnum horns and fabricated a mounting bracket - don't really like it and seeking other means of deleting the roadrunner "beep beep" horn. My 9 year old daughter told me, "no one will ever take you serious with that mickey mouse horn". Well, there you go - I ordered some good horns. The problem is that they look like sh%t hanging out in front of the radiator.

No where else to hang em. That is, until I researched it a bit more - the British army has a horn that is in a small box tat is about 165 db(s). I am finding out the size and the output location. could possibly mount behind battery box with some fabrication. I have one horn conneted as a test. Need to wire in the relay and a 20 amp fuse and take it through horn button. Once the bracket is painted black it might not be to bad - I just dont like screwing with the sporty look.cted as a test

Re: Forward controls

Eagle8XC
Funny story about the horns. Your daughter is right, though- I remember I'll pass friends on the hiway and blow my horn to goof off and it's pathetic! ...dying goose.

Anyway- 6" forward controls will probably be too much of a stretch for you at 5'11". They're a stretch for me. The biggest problem is with the air filter- it juts out pretty far so my leg rubs on it when I have my legs completely stretched out.
Scootmods (eBay) has kits at different lengths, check it out.

Also, just so you guys know, the flat black kits scratch VERY easily. I might go and liq the paint off and polish them myself. The black is cool, I like it, but I have a couple scratches just from the installation- annoying.